My name is Alejandro Linares Teco, I live in Tapachula which is a Costal and Border town, located in the South part of Chiapas state, in Mexico. In Tapachula there exists an abundance of crops like coffee, cacao, mangoes… of places to visit like the Tacana volcano, arqueological zones…, of commerce fruits, tourism services… The climate here is about 33°C. I was born here in 1986 and I grew up with good costumes and habits. I am 27 years old, I look younger than I am. For instance: I never been in a disco, I always eat healthy and sleep early. Since I was young I was interesting in drawing I can do whatever picture using pen, pencils, colors…when I inspired. I really like listening to music: classical, pop, ballad, rock just for fun or relaxation. When I was 6 year old I cooked my first mixed egg due to, my mother. She used to cook for selling I used to see her, so one day just put a little chair in front of the stove I got on this, I turned on the stove and I cook my own mixed eggs with sausage I remember the odor of the garlic with the sausage it was so nice, rewarding and some kind of mischievous experience.
Nowadays On my weeks I attend to University Unach; which is located in Chiapas, Mexico I´m student of B.A Teaching English and I attend to a Department English course at 9 level, too. Sometimes I can play soccer or basketball with my friends. This is the reason why I am school from 7 am to 6 pm o’clock every day. I really like learning English and the same time I´m learning about how to deal with bad behavior, pedagogy, teaching children, varieties of English…which results very interesting for me.
On weekends, I always help my family in the bakery and in the boutique of clothes that my mother has. I do some chorse at my house like mopping and cleaning. At the boutique or the bakery I really enjoy serving people to know about them.
More about Alejandro
What is your dream job:
– I never thought about it, but it seems to be that my favorite job could probably be which gives me the opportunity to grow and changes my expectations. Besides this, I am looking for a variation of facilities so that I can develop useful strategies in education. I believe that I found the right job and nowadays I have the privilege to work at North Star Camp as part of its staff in the kitchen, I expect to observe about how the Camp manages all and change in this way my expectations because I know they work with sense community under cooperation andcollaborative systems, where imagination and challenge plays a great role, because they works as motivator or reward so that campers achieved a goal o having fun, so I expect to see, learn and share my ideas…
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I almost never get angry because I aware that it is not necessary to do it.
Your favorite TV or movie character:
– I like the big bang theory, I like characters like Mr bean, Charles Chaplin and some cartoons like Goku
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– A good knife so that I can prepare my food, a nice bottle in order to carry water, and I was thinking in the third one it must be a magnifying glass, instead of matches or compass because the matches can get humid or are not durable and compass sometimes do not work!
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I was searching for a Job in America through a service agency that is called 3 Adventures that in charge of providing International Staff to camps, hotels and resorts. As soon I was messaging from North Start Camp I kept in touch with the camp and I got a first interview with the associate director, after I had another with the director, I was hired as a kitchen assistant. I started to be part of a great staff group and I applied because it represents a new opportunity in my life to be cultured about this nice Camp Community.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– A seller of clothes, bakery man, homemaker
What got you interested in cooking?
– I have two reasons the first one is because of my parents both comes from a family of bakers and they taught us. Even more my mother used to cook food for selling and I used to see her. The second reason is because I like the odor of the freshly food I usually had to prepared dishes when my mother is out, for instance I like to made salads, shakes and grilled and baked chicken. Even more I know how to baked in a gas oven and I feel rewarding and comfortable of that
What are your favorite things to cook/bake?
– I like to bake iced buds, cookies, chicken stuff. I like to cook salads, pancakes, eggs.