More about Amanda
What is your dream job
– My dream job is to become a pediatric nurse practitioner…living and working near sunshine and beaches 🙂
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I love to karaoke, even if sometimes I don’t know all the words. I also learned to surf while living in Huntington Beach.
Your favorite TV character
– Barney from How I Met Your Mother or Olivia Pope from Scandal
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– I’d bring my dog, a hammock, and a good pair of tennis shoes.
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– A nurse practitioner I worked with in the OC worked at North Star as her very first nursing job and said it was one of the best summers of her life. I applied because my nursing friend could not say enough great things about North Star, but most of all, I love working with kids of all ages and I knew this would be a wonderful new experience.
Favorite Sports Teams
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– At 16, My first job was at a pizza place…where my role was to make the spaghetti.
What did you do last summer?
– Last summer, I was preparing to move cross country. This past April-May, I took some time to explore 12 different countries in Europe.
What, if any previous camp experiences have you had?
– In high school, I went to church camp for a week. I’ve also volunteered at various kids camps over the years.