Chad Prater returns to North Star after a year absence. He just completed his bachelors degree from Winona State University in Minnesota. He majored in Elementary Education and minored in Middle Level Mathematics. He spent the last semester student teaching in two different classrooms, firat at a fourth grade classroom in Arcadia Elementary in WI, and then in a seventh grade math classroom in Minnesota
In his free time he enjoys playing sports, cards, reading books and watching movies. Chad has lots of experience teaching swimming lessons and life guarding, which he’ll do at North Star. He’ll also instruct tennis. We’re excited to have Chad back at camp!
More about Chad
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– Katy Perry, a pillow, a frisbee
Favorite special program at camp
– UN day
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Walter White from Breaking Bad
Your best memory of camp.
– Flipping the J-1 campers off of the blob at swim point!
Favorite Sports Teams
– Packers, Badgers, OKC Thunder
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Chicken wings, curly fries, and a strawberry/ banana/peanut butter smoothie
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books
– The Outsiders, The Pact
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has impacted me a great deal. Being an education major, camp has helped hone my skills in behavior management of young kids. I met a lot of friends at camp that I still keep in contact with throughout the school year which is pretty neat. The most important way that camp has impacted me was by teaching me that what is most important in life is the people you share it with.