If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– I would bring a tent, clean water, and a fishing rod so I could utilize my survival skills.
– Glen’s game. It is a game of speed where campers try to achieve locations around camp without being stopped by the counselors.
– Sponge Bob Square Pants. He is just such a goofy guy but takes on responsibility for himself and a pet. We should all strive to be like him.
– the first time I climbed to the top of the climbing wall. I hope everyone else who signs up can get to the top also.
– My favorite sports teams are all from Chicago. I like the Black Hawks, the Bears, the Bulls, and as far as baseball goes, I am a Cubs fan.
What would you choose for your last meal?
– King crab legs served chilled with melted butter.
Your two favorite books
– My favorite book series is the Percy Jackson series. My favorite individual book is Sam Walton’s Bibliography.
– Very strong mental math skills.
– Camp has completely impacted my life on so many levels. The greatest thing I have taken away is how to have fun. There is a story that Andy Shlensky likes to tell. He was showing the camp to a family and they didn’t believe that we could have an environment where kids could be competitive during games and still maintain good sportsmanship. Andy took them to the Athletic field where every boy was dripping with sweat and running as hard as they could. Andy proceeded to ask what the score was and not a single boy was able to answer. They were so consumed in the game they didn’t even know who was winning. This is the way that I play sports all of the time and I think it is the right way to play. Everyone truly is a winner at North Star. I hope to see many new and old faces this summer at camp. It will be the greatest summer yet!