Eli Fried returns for his Big 10 year. A resident of Leawood, Kansas (a suburb of Kansas City), he is a senior at Blue Valley North High School. He will be attending the University of Central Florida in Orlando this fall, after applying only to UCF. He will be studying Industrial Engineering, with hopes to be hired by Disney after graduation
Eli is a co-captain for his F.I.R.S.T. Robotics Team, the BV CAPS Metal Mustangs #2410. The team won the Judges Award at both the Greater Kansas City Regional and the Oklahoma Regional. He will be on the Rocketry Staff for the 3 year in a row. While he loves using technology, he also loves the outdoors and playing sports.
More About Eli
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?:
– A solar powered Satellite Phone, reverse osmosis machine (to make salt water into drinkable water), solar powered electric boat the size of a normal boat
Favorite special program at camp:
– Tie between Espionage, Friday Night Service, College Days, and Big 10
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Too many to decide just one
Your best memory of camp.
– A lot stuff is up there, but probably all of my Pine Manor year.
Favorite Sports Teams Sporting
– Kansas City (MLS), UCF Knights, Kansas City Chiefs, KU Jayhawks, Mercer Bears, USA
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Chicken Kiev, Sushi, Fries, Steak, Cheese Curds,
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books
– Any Dirk Pitt (By Clive Cussler) Book
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I build robots
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has made me more outgoing and more willing to be myself in any situation. I have made some of my best friends at camp.