This summer, Jacob Lending will be one of the Counselors in Training at North Star. He lives in Chicago and goes to the Francis W. Parker school where he is currently finishing up his sophomore year. At Parker e is a member of the school’s debate team and pitches for his baseball team. Basketball is one of his favorite pastimes.
While at camp, Jacob will be on the basketball court and softball diamond teaching campers how to hit three point shots or hit home-runs.
More about Jacob
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– A helicopter, a person who knows how to drive a helicopter, and fuel for the helicopter.
Favorite special program at camp:
– United Nations Day
Your favorite TV or movie character:
– The gopher from Caddyshack
Your best memory of camp:
– The entire trip to Canada. I miss those days.
Favorite Sports Teams:
– Cubs, Bears, and Bulls
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Eggs and bacon
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– A sloth
Your two favorite books:
– Green Eggs and Ham, The Lightning Thief
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I like building fires and helping others make their own.
How has camp impacted you?
– I created some amazing friendships. We always had each other’s back and that feeling of great friendship is indescribable. Camp has really changed me for the better.