We’re excited to have Kathy Luy back at camp this summer. A native of Brookfield, WI, she just finished up her junior year at the University of Wisconsin – Madison where she’s in the secondary education program. When she’s not studying, she’s keeping busy playing soccer for a club team, leading a bible study and training for running races.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– I would bring a ukulele (and then learn to play it), an ax (to chop trees for fire and log
rolling), and an American Flag (to claim to the territory).
Favorite special program at camp
– My favorite special program is UN Day
Your favorite TV or movie character
– My favorite movie character is Katniss Everdeen.
Your best memory of camp.
– Getting up early to participate in the polar bear club and singing the polar bear song super loud!
Favorite Sports Teams
– Green Bay Packers (duh), The Wisconsin Badgers, Chelsea FC and
then obviously The United States for any international competitions.
– New York strip steak with grilled mushrooms and onions, a side of mashed potatoes and peas and then my mom’s homemade apple pie for dessert.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– I would be an eagle, so I could fly and see all the beauty in nature.
– Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Green Eggs and Ham
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I enjoy doing pushups, decorating cakes, and longboarding.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has helped me appreciate the little things, like loon calls and the billions of stars you can see on clear nights. It has also shown me the beauty of friendship. To see 100 strangers become best friends in the span of 4 weeks is a true gift.