Hi, my name is Mandy Sullivan and my wonderful husband is sending me to camp for my 13th summer at North Star Camp. During the winter I love to cross country ski and visit Hayward often to ski on the Birkie trail. I have completed 13 American Birkebeiner 50K races…all because I saw a race bib in Leb’s office when I first started working at NSC.
During summer I love to be on the water doing most anything but especially swimming and water skiing. I also like to run and bike. I will be the waterfront director. My favorite days at camp are the first day of each session. I get to meet ever single camper! I have ordered warm water for the swim test (not sure if Andy will pay the heat bill for that??) In the off season I am pre-k thru 12th grade speech therapist for a small school in southeastern Wisconsin.
More about Mandy
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– a life link bracelet (the para-cord things), a machete, and Melo (my dog).
Favorite special program at camp:
– swim test day!
Your favorite TV or movie character:
– I love to watch Dancing with the Stars
Your best memory of camp.
– I have a ton of best memories at camp and don’t know where to begin. I learn something every year from the kids and staff.
Favorite Sports Teams
– Green Bay Packers of course!
What would you choose for your last meal?
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– A cat- they are independent and get to sleep in the sun whenever they want.
Your two favorite books:
– Fall to Grace by Casey Kerry about 2 best friends from northern MN and the Pokey Little Puppy.
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– It wouldn’t be a secret if I told you.