After several years as a camper, Michael Becker joins the North Star staff as a Counselor in Training. Hailing from Nashville, TN, he was born in Chicago and moved to Nashville at the age of eight. He’s a big sports fan and has been playing baseball and basketball his entire life. He’s on his school’s varsity basketball team and junior varsity baseball team.
Michael is also active in the community. He’s involved in Big Brothers/Big Sisters as a mentor for a third grader. At camp you’ll find Michael instructing athletics as well as disc golf.
More about Michael
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– I would bring Melon Gatorade to drink, chicken fingers to eat, and a basketball for leisure.
Favorite special program at camp
– My favorite special program at camp is UN Day.
Your favorite TV or movie character
– My favorite TV/movie character is Ricky Bobby. (or Spongebob if that’s not appropriate)
Your best memory of camp.
– My favorite memory of camp is the Canadian trip in Pine Manor.
Favorite Sports Teams
What would you choose for your last meal?
– I would choose crab as my last meal.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– If I could be any animal, I would be a monkey.
Your two favorite books
– The Phantom Tollbooth and The DaVinci Code.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has been a very important impact on my life. I really enjoy the experience at North Star, not only the fun but also the bonds of friendship made at camp. That is what has really impacted me, the friendships made that will last a long time.