– If I were to work anywhere in the world, I would choose to work in Chile teaching at a bilingual school. I would help the young children with both their Spanish and English skills.
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– A skill that I acquired during a volunteer trip to Honduras, is the ability to make cement with only sand, water, a bag of dry cement, and a shovel – no power equipment is necessary to build a school.
Your favorite TV character?
– Being a resident of Washington DC, Scandal’s Olivia Pope has become a favorite.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– With the unfortunate luck of being stranded on a deserted island I would first bring with me a guide book on how to survive on a stranded island, a piece of flint because fire is the key to survival, and finally my copy of Pride and Prejudice, as it is one of my favorite reads and being on an island can begin to get lonesome.
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
Favorite Sports Teams?
– With my father growing on the coast of Maine, I was taught from a young age that New England ran in my blood and it was only right to become an avid fan of the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox and the Bruins.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– I spent a summer working at the local pizzeria. I spent my time working in front of a hot oven on those July days answering the phones and taking orders. I am now a wearer of multiple burn scars that accumulated from being five feet tall and taking pizzas out of an oven that was twice my size.
What did you do last summer?
– The summer before college I spent my days as a nanny and enjoying family and friend time before I had to head down to the nation’s capitol for school.
What, if any previous camp experiences have you had?
– I have not had the opportunity to attend or work at a summer camp before, but I am more than exited to gain lots this upcoming summer. I do however have extensive experience working with children through volunteer work at the local children’s theatre, playground summer program, and an afterschool tutoring program that I founded during my junior year of high school.