Sam Bricker is back for his eighth summer at North Star. A resident of Deerfield, IL, Sam is a junior at Deerfield High School. Well before Sam was a student at DHS, however, he had a baby sitter by the name of Andy Shlensky. Needless to say, either Andy was a great baby sitter or Sam was a pretty resilient kid!
– An airplane, a pilot, and a magazine for the flight back.
Favorite special program at camp
– I have to go with Predator vs. Prey.
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Jimmy Neutron tops the list.
Your best memory of camp.
– The Canadian
Favorite Sports Teams
– Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls
What would you choose for your last meal?
– French Onion Soup, Skirt Steak, and Chocolate Cake.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– I would definitely be a penguin just to try out tobogganing.
Your two favorite books
– The Lightning Thief and Don’t Put Me in Coach
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I can say the alphabet backwards half a second faster than I can say it forwards.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has been extremely influential to me. I have found new passions, created great memories, and best of all made friendships that will last a lifetime.