Hey everyone, I’m Simon Dinkin and I’m returning to North Star for my seventh summer. I’m from from San Diego, CA, I’m finishing up my sophomore year at Torey Pines High School. I recently went to La Paz, Mexico for Spring Break! We went to the beaches,snorkeled, and went fishing. It was a blast!! I also started coaching a 2nd and 3rd grade Rec Basketball team. This is my first year coaching and its been really exciting and fun teaching them new skills and working with the kids.
As always I’ve been playing lots of soccer as well as focusing on school. I am counting down the days until camp and can not wait too be a CIT! Around camp you’ll find me instructing althetics and dsic golf.
More about Simon
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?:
– A friend, Water ,and a pillow
Favorite special program at camp
– UN Day
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Josh Peck, from Drake and Josh
Your best memory of camp
– Cheering at camp after completing our 10 day trip to Canada.
Favorite Sports Teams
– Redskins,Wizards,Baltimore Orioles,Capitals
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Steak and Fries
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– Bald Eagle
Your two favorite books
– Lightning Thief,The Giver
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I play in Scrabble Tournaments.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has had an extremely positive impact on me.I have made friends and experiences that will last a lifetime, and i look forward to making many more.