What is your dream job?
– This is a difficult one! It would defiantly have to be something sport related as this is what surrounds my life. I am a very big football fan where I have watched, played and enjoyed it from a very young age, so for me becoming a professional football player would be my dream.
A secret hobby or skill you have?
– When I can, I like to cook as much as possible (can’t beat some of mums homemade dishes though!).
Your favourite TV character?
– Sheldon – Big Bang Theory.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?
– survival book, a friend to enjoy the island with, guitar (if i could play).
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I was looking at doing a USA summer camp, as I know many people who have been to different camps over the USA and have had some of the best summers of their lives! I them researched a series of organizations that promoted them. In regards to North Star, I really like the philosophy of the camp and the goals they thrive to achieve, where they have an efficient outdoor programme, providing many different activities.
Favourite sports teams?
– I support Ipswich Town Football Club, its fairly near to where I was born in the UK.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– I worked as a volunteer at my local youth centre for around 3 years, providing different sports like football, cricket, basketball and volleyball for children aged between 7-15/16. For just over 2 years, I worked as a lifeguard at a leisure centre near to where I live and I currently do evening shifts as a barman alongside university.
What did you do last summer?
– I spent a lot of time seeing various friends and family trying to enjoy the warm weather. I also went on holiday with my girlfriend to Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands for 2 weeks. I still tried to stay active playing football with friends, as well as activities like swimming. For some of the summer, I worked as a barman to save as much money as I could before going back to university.
What, if any previous camp experiences have you had?
– I have never had any experience of a summer camp like this, so it will be something that is reasonably new to me. This in turn is making me really look forward to it!