Hi, I’m Zach Weber, I’ve been going to North Star for seven years now, and will soon be returning for my eight year as a CIT. North Star has always been a home away from home for me. One of the things I took back from my experiences being a camper were activities I participate in at home, such as rock climbing, sailing, disc golf, and fishing, just to name a few.
Aside from my experience at camp, i’m a Chicago native, I love the outdoors, good weather, and having a good time with friends. Most of all, I can’t wait until camp to start! I’m looking forward to instructing climbing and disc golf this summer.
More about Zach
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
I would bring a fully charged satellite phone, 100 gallons of cold drinking water, and a fly fishing rod.
Favorite special program at camp
– Espionage or Glen’s game
Your favorite TV or movie actor
– Denzel Washington
Your best memory of camp.
– Boarding the bus before the Canadian (senior overnight camping trip)
Favorite Sports Teams
– Chicago Cubs, Bulls, Bears, Wisconsin Badgers, and the Utah Jazz.
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Either sushi, or a hot Ann Sather’s cinnamon roll.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– African Leopard
Your two favorite books
– To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Metamorphosis
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– hmmm… ping pong or pottery/ceramics.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has impacted me in several ways, the first way is how I learned and utilized what activities I tried at camp into my life at home, such as rock climbing, sailing, disc golf, pathfinders, archery, seriously, the list goes on… Camp has also impacted my overall relationship with my friends and the people around me. There is simply not a better way to strengthen or grow a friendship then there is at camp. North Star is so unique because it not only gives you the ability to make your own choices, rather it’s picking a project, or even your bed on the first day; I believe that North Star goes much more beyond that, it’s a place where you can grow your relationships with your fellow cabin mates, peruse what grabs your interest, and adapt into someone who you want to become.