2018 Staff Spotlight – Joey Kaiser
Joey Kaiser returns for his second summer at North Star, after missing the summer of 2017. The Twin Cities native has been working on finishing his degree in electrical engineering at the University of Minnesota Duluth. This upcoming fall will be his senior year during which hr will be tutoring general physics and working as a residential advisor.
As of recently he has also taken up training for a Marathon which he will run this September in the hopes of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Before camp starts he’s planning a trip up the north shore as well as a trip into the Boundary Waters with friends.
More about Joey
What is your favorite camp meal?
– The pizza, the crust is my favorite!
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– An owl so I could fly and be able to see at night.
What is your guilty pleasure tv show(s):
– The Office
Where is your favorite spot at camp:
– The bench swing facing the lake by the funbugs.
What is your dream Job:
– Owning my own restaurant.
If you could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?:
– John Paul II, CS Lewis , and Tom Petty. I would choose John Paul because I think he was wise, CS Lewis because I think his books are interesting and Tom Petty because I like his music.
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– I think the Christmas present that I was most excited for is when my uncle bought my siblings and I a gamecube with Mario Kart double Dash when I was 10.
What are/were your favorite subjects in school:
– I like reading in general so definitely reading class.
What are your top three movies of all time:
Lord of the Rings(The Fellowship of the Ring), Shawshank Redemption, and the Dark Knight
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook:
– Banana cream
What sports teams do you root for:
– Occasionally the Minnesota Vikings
Share a random or little known fact about yourself:
– I like reading books that are considered classics.