2018 Staff Spotlight – Spencer Malkin
Hey everybody, my name is Spencer Malkin and I am so excited to come back for another summer at North Star! I just finished up my freshman year at Arizona State University studying Supply Chain Management. Besides studying for classes, I love to hang out with my friends, enjoy the great weather, and cheer on the Sun Devils at any sport I can get to!
Arizona has been so great because there are so many cool hiking trails through the many mountains all throughout the state. I just recently went to Sedona and was able to see the beautiful red rocks. I even climbed a mountain that took me to the Devil’s Bridge. I miss Chicago sometimes, but I always keep up on the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and especially the Cubs! Can’t wait for another World Series Season!
This will be my 10th summer at camp.
More about Spencer
What is your favorite camp meal?
– Definitely the mac and cheese and mini sausages!
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– I would be a panda because they just relax, eat, and are really intelligent animals that are very rare.
What is your guilty pleasure tv show(s):
– How I Met Your Mother and Curb Your Enthusiasm
What is your dream Job:
– Being a general manager for a major league sports team.
If you could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?:
– Anthony Rizzo, Warren Buffett, Bill Murray
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– My Jonathan Toews jersey.
What are/were your favorite subjects in school:
– I love business and history classes.
What are your top three movies of all time:
– The Sandlot, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Monsters Inc.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook:
– Strawberry Sourcream (not going to debate it)
What sports teams do you root for:
– Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and all Arizona State teams
Share a random or little known fact about yourself :
– I don’t have a great relationship with stingrays after a trip to Stingray City.