2018 Staff Spotlight – Trevor Hester
Trevor Hester joins the NSC staff for his first summer. A native of Liberty Center, Ohio, he’s currently working on his masters of accounting at Ohio Northern University. He’s hoping to one day work for the FBI in the white collar crime division, so campers, watch out! Trevor received his undergraduate degree at Defiance College, where he played collegiate soccer for four years. We’re excited to have him on board as a cabin counselor instructing soccer.
More about Trevor
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I heard about North Start from a friend who also applied and I applied because this is my last chance to do something like this before I enter the “real world”.
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– Cheetah, because I have always liked them and I think it would be awesome to be able to run super fast.
What is your guilty pleasure tv show(s):
– Fixer Upper
What is your dream Job:
– Get paid to travel the world.
If you could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?:
– Ronald Reagan: He is my favorite president.
– Sir Alex Ferguson: He is one of the best soccer coaches of all time and coached my favorite team.
– Niel Armstrong: I want to talk to him about being the first man on the moon.
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah/holiday present that you’ve ever gotten:
– Two GIANT boxes of Reese’s Puffs
What are/were your favorite subjects in school:
– History & Science
What are your top three movies of all time:
– Star Wars
– Glory Road
– Toy Story
What sports teams do you root for:
– Manchester United
– Dallas Cowboys
– Cleveland Cavaliers
– Ohio State Buckeyes
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– I was a janitor for 2 years in high school
What did you do last summer?
– Worked at an accounting internship