2018 Staff Spotlight – Isaac Ellis
Isaac Ellis may win the award for the person who lives closest to camp (that is, outside of our few staff members who live in the Hayward area). Ike goes to the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN and spent HS in Superior, WI. He moved around quite a bit growing up, living in California, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado.
Ike has been swimming competitively much of his life. He started teaching swimming while in high school and taught at the Superior, WI YMCA. After camp Ike is moving to Montana. He’s transferring to Montana Tech to study Petroleum Engineering.
More about Isaac
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– There was a booth set up at my school and curiosity struck me too stop by and talk. I spent a lot of time when I was a kid going to summer camps and I remember how cool my counselors were, and I decided I wanted to be one.
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– I would most defiantly be a turtle. Turtles are known to be some of the fastest swimmers, and they are also super chill.
What is your guilty pleasure tv show(s):
– The Office
If you could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?:
– Bonnie and Clyde: Find out where all of there hidden treasure is. Neil Armstrong: Find out what it was really like to be and space. Franklin D Roosevelt: He was a great leader, I could take some notes and lessons on how to become a better leader.
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah/holiday present that you’ve ever gotten:
– My very first pair of skis that got me into the sport of freestyle skiing.
What are/were your favorite subjects in school:
– Science, Math and History
What are your top three movies of all time:
– The Goonies, The Sandlot & Unbroken
What sports teams do you root for:
– Boston Red Sox, Green Bay Packers, Manchester United, Minnesota Wild
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– Being a landscaper for a elderly couple, part of the job is to feed there snakes every day.
What did you do last summer?
– Taught swim lessons, went to Montana, had fun.