Staff Spotlight – Christopher Rodriguez
Christopher Rodriguez joins us for his second summer. A trip leader in 2013, he’ll serve as the director of our trip program this summer. Christopher is originally from Fort Worth, Texas but has lived in Nacogdoches for 7 of the last nine years. He just graduated From Stephen F Austin University and he wants everyone to know that their mascot is the Lumberjack. At SFAU he was a trips logistics manager of the Outdoor Pursuits program. In that role he oversaw trip leaders, was in charge of logistics for the program and also led trips.
March Madness win over VCU because he was visiting his niece who wanted
to watch Frozen. He’s also a big baseball fan, cheering on the Texas Rangers and is always up for checking out a new ballpark.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– A really good book, guitar, and lighter.
Favorite special program at camp
– Tripping Program!
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Benjamin Button
Your best memory of camp.
– Meeting so many great people, co-workers and campers!
Favorite Sports Teams
– Texas Rangers, San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– Easy, a Panda Bear
Your two favorite books
– Better Off by Eric Brende and Dances With Wolves by Michael Blake
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– No secrets from this guy.
How has camp impacted you?
– In just one summer, North Star helped me build upon my professional and personal experience. I love meeting new people and that’s exactly what I got to do all summer long. I’m looking forward to learning a lot more about the people I will be working with this summer!