Staff Spotlight – Jacob Lehr
Jacob also leads hiking and camping trips their outdoors club and he tutors and mentors kids from the surrounding area through an organization on campus. At camp Jacob teaches tennis, windsurfing, disc golf, golf, and waterskiing.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– Bananas, a Stihl chainsaw, and Siri.
Favorite special program at camp
– Commando Raid
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Bear Grylls
Your best memory of camp.
– Building a fort out of downed trees on a little island during our Canadian to protects us from the wind and rain, and drinking ALL of our hot chocolate.
Favorite Sports Teams
– Nebraska Huskers, Creighton Bluejays, USC Trojans, Oneida Pow Wow Day 2k6
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books
– The Old Man and the Sea and Ender’s Shadow
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I’ve got a pretty good spin serve in ping pong.
How has camp impacted you?
– Because of camp, I have learned how to work and live with others, and that it really does matter who you surround yourself with. I learned to be flexible with any circumstances (a positive attitude helps), and that fun is often underrated. I am a more outgoing person, I gained a love of the outdoors, and figured out that it’s best not to take yourself too seriously.