Staff Spotlight – Kathy Tietze
Kathy Tietze joins us for her second full year on staff after having visited quite a but during the summer of 2013. In addition to being one of our office managers, Kathy is married to Mike Storms, our tennis pro. Her first visit to camp was during the staff orientation skit show and she joined Mike in a modern day version of “Whose on First”. We knew that not only was she a great fit for Mike, but she’d be a welcome addition to the staff.
Kathy makes her home in the Twin Cities during the off season. She’s a retired teacher, having taught 7th grade English for 32 years. We put that experience to good use in the office and all around camp!
More about Kathy
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– I’d bring my flute to play a soundtrack to my island adventure. I’d also want to bring my husband, Tennis Mike–he’d certainly keep my spirits up, help swat mosquitoes, and he could contribute to that soundtrack, too! Finally, for moments of downtime, I’d bring a stack (counts as one thing) of books to read, including Survival for Dummies.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– I love sitting on the trunk of one of the trees that leans far out over the lake.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Lunch with my mother and grandmother would be my choice. I’d like to talk with them about all the things that have happened since they’ve been gone.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– I don’t really follow a particular sport or team.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
– I like to see the campers step into leadership roles and participate in the activities of UN Day.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– I’d like to take a bike trip through the Netherlands.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Is there chocolate in it? I go to it!
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– My favorite gift was a marriage proposal!
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has given me another place where I know I’ll spend time with lots of terrific people doing lots of fun things.