Staff Spotlight – Louis Nutley
Louis Nutley comes to camp from West Sussex in the UK for his first summer. He’s been volunteering for the past two years with Worthing Boys Club. He helps plan special activities and trips for the group. As a kid in the youth group himself he learned riflery, which he now teaches to the kids. He’s hoping to make working with kids part of his career. At camp Louis will be instructing riflery and archery.
More about Louis
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– North Star found my through an agency and as soon as the contacted me I knew is the camp for me
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
– I would be an Eagle because I could fly to where ever I want!
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– Inspector gadget
What is your dream Job:
– Running my own youth club
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
– It would be able to heal people and myself, so when I bump my little toe on the side of the bed i can just make the pain go away
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– I worked in McDonald’s cooking chicken nuggets all day
What are your top three movies of all time:
– Step Brothers, Bruce Almighty, & Batman Begins
What did you do last summer?
– Unfortunately I was working most of last summer in a supermarket but I did go to Sicily for a holiday and I walk all over the mountains and forests they had there
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I like to sing in the shower when no one is about
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
– I love hiking I always have since I can remember, the longest hike I have done is 50 miles over the south coast of England I had to camp over night in a field with loads of sheep it was one of the best experiences in my life