Staff Spotlight – Michael Becker
My name is Michael Becker. I’m 16 years old and I live outside of Nashville, Tennessee. I am a rising Senior at University School of Nashville. Recently I have been playing soccer at school, even though this is my first time playing in a while.
I also went to the Science Olympiad State contest recently, and right now in school I’m preparing for some AP exams. I have also been keeping up with the NBA playoffs and have been watching a lot of Bulls basketball. This will be summer #7 for me at camp and I’ll be teaching disc golf and athletics!
More about Michael
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– If I was stranded on an island, I would bring a basketball, a basketball hoop, and chocolate milk.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– My favorite spot at camp is on the terrace chairs in the shade while the wind blows off the lake towards the lodge.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– I would eat lunch with Bill Bradley and Abe Lincoln.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– I’m a big Chicago Bulls, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, and Illinois Fighting Illini fan. I also follow some Vanderbilt Sports as well.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
– My favorite special program at camp is UN Day.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Alaska and watch the Northern lights.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– My favorite is probably the Mint Chip pie.
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– My favorite holiday gift was this big Nerf basketball hoop that I have messed around on for years.
How has camp impacted you?