Staff Spotlight – Noah Simon
Noah Simon joins the NSC Staff. The former camper is a native of Chicago, IL. There he goes to school at Walter Payton College Prep. He just finished my JV baseball season. In his free time he likes to play some pick up basketball with friends at a park right by his school. At camp you’ll find Noah instructing softball, as well as riflery and sailing.
More about Noah:
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– I would be a hippogriff because then I could be a huge powerful animal with an added bonus of flying. Also, I might get to meet Harry Potter
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– Sokka from Avatar the last airbender because he’s got a good sense of humor and can still hold his own without any bending abilities
Where is your favorite spot at camp:
– One of the arm chairs on top of Tom’s Terrace. It has a great view of the lake and I always feel very relaxed when sitting in one.
What is your dream Job:
– Any job in the Wonka factory
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
– The ability to make any food taste like what I want it to taste.
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– Iphone in 5th grade
What is your preferred chicken nugget dip:
– Ketchup plain and simple
What are your top three movies of all time:
– Forest Gump, Avatar (the blue guys not the air bending one. the air bending one was an insult to the tv show) and Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Butterfinger, no questions asked.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I play on my school 16” softball team with Asher borestien and we are the reigning city champions
Share one notable camp memory:
– On my first canoeing trip my J2 year, the counselors told us that a bad storm might hit our campsite that night and if it did we might have to evacuate. They then woke us up in the middle of the night saying we had to leave right now. We ran over terrified to the vans where they revealed it was all an elaborate pizza party.