Staff Spotlight – Olly Cayless
We’re thrilled to have Olly Cayless back for his fourth summer at North Star. Olly comes to camp all the way from the Brecon Beacons national park in Wales, UK. He’s just finished his degree in exercise science at Cardiff Metropolitan University and he’s been able to utilize his camp experience in his studies, including doing some camper surveys. At university he’s involved in the waterpolo team and he also acts as a student representative.
Olly is on our Leadership team, serving as one of our village directors. He also instructs sailing, climbing and windsurfing.
More about Olly
– A knife, A hammock, A fishing line.
Favorite special program at camp
– Friday night service.
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Bear Grylls and Liam Neeson
Your best memory of camp.
– Sun set at the council ring
Favorite Sports Teams
– Welsh rugby team and Spurs
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– I would be a monkey so I could climb anything.
Your two favorite books
– Into the wild and SAS survival
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I am a grade 4 level triangle player.
How has camp impacted you?
– It has given me confidence to be myself, become a leader and meet some fantastic people.