Staff Spotlight – Philip Rasansky
Howdy! My name is Philip Rasansky, and I’m from Dallas, TX. This will be my 10th summer at camp (IT’S THE BIG TEN!!), and I am really excited to get back to the Northwoods! just graduated from Greenhill School a couple days ago, and I’ll be heading up to Dartmouth College next fall. I spend most of my time spending time with friends/family, doing school work, and playing sports (I’m on the varsity basketball and baseball teams). I am (or was, now that I’m an alum) also active in my school’s business club and peer mentoring program.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– Umbrella, Lawn chair, and a full Harry Potter book set
Favorite special program at camp
– United Nations Day, Friday Night Services
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Tickle from the Discovery show “Moonshiners”
Your best memory of camp.
– Most memorable: Getting lost on the Canadian trip because the tripper let a friend of mine lead us with the map. Best memory: Beating my twin brother in the Green-White marathon when we were both captains
Favorite Sports Teams
– Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Cowboys, and anything UT Longhorns
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Tie between steak and pizza
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
– A white bengal tiger
Your two favorite books
– A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah & Any of the Harry Potter books
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I can write in cursive backwards.
How has camp impacted you?
– This is a tough questions because I don’t think I can fit it all into a couple sentences. Overall, I think I am a more relaxed, confident person with a stronger sense of my values and morals because of all my years at North Star