Staff Spotlight – Spencer Marks
Hey everyone. My name is Spencer Marks. I’m from Chicago, and I am a junior at Francis W. Parker School. At school, I play for the soccer team, write for the school newspaper and act as managing editor, and participate in Model UN. My hobbies include reading books, photography, and hanging out with friends. I love sports, and my favorite teams include the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, and the University of Michigan’s football and basketball programs.
This will be my 8th summer at camp and 2nd on staff. I’ll be instructing riflery, disc golf, and most land sports.
– A book, Sunscreen (lots of it) and a tasty snack
Favorite special program at camp
– U.N. Day
Your favorite TV or movie character
– Woody from Toy Story
Your best memory of camp.
– That’s a tough one. Either the Canadian or playing cards with my cabinmates at night.
Favorite Sports Teams
– Bulls, Cubs, Bears, Michigan football/basketball
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books
– The Kite Runner and The Book Thief
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I’m a really good dancer. Watch out, Birch Trail.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has had an immense impact on my life. I’ve learned many invaluable skills– leadership, resilience, empathy– but it is the friendships I have made with campers and counselors that will stay with me forever.