Hey all! My name is Zack Shapiro and I will be a junior counselor for the second session of camp! I am currently a junior at Francis W. Parker. Right now I am spending
most of my time studying so that I can start applying for college next
year. I am also preparing to take the ACTs again in Early June.
Outside of school, I am at school of rock. I will be playing guitar in a
show through them in May, which will consist of all 70s and 80s soft
rock (Hall and Oates, Steely Dan, Eagles, etc.). I hope this helps! This will be my 8th summer here at North Star and I am so excited to be working here. I generally teach riflery, rock climbing, guitar, and sometimes fishing.
More about Zach
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– My Fishing Pole, My acoustic guitar, and a comfy chair
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– My favorite spot is definitely the council ring!
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Quentin Tarantino.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– The Chicago Black Hawks!
What is your favorite special program at camp?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– I would love to go fishing in Australia!
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Always the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup pie!
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– My Taylor acoustic guitar for Chanukah.
How has camp impacted you?
– I feel as though camp has made me a much more patient person. I have also become a much more empathetic human being as I am able to understand what people are feeling. Finally, camp has given me the ability to sleep comfortably on any surface!