Staff Spotlight – Adam Yaker
I’m Adam Yaker and I will be returning to North Star for my fifth summer as a CIT. I live in Huntington Woods, Michigan, a tiny suburb outside of Detroit and attend Berkley High School where I am wrapping up my sophomore year.
My home life outside of camp mainly consists in my participation and love for sports. This past year I played varsity tennis, junior varsity basketball and ran track for my school but I enjoy playing all types of sports with my friends. I write for my school newspaper and will be the new opinion section editor next year. Camp is just around the corner and I can’t wait to spend another summer at North Star.
More about Adam
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– My bed, a fan, and a phone to eventually get out.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– The council ring of course.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Kobe Bryant and Kanye West
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– Detroit Red Wings, Tigers, Lions, and I attempt to root for the Pistons but it’s very hard, and all University of Michigan Sports. Go Blue!
What is your favorite special program at camp?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– Probably Spain so I could hang on the beach, eat good food and go to a soccer game.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Butterfinger Pie
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– My first phone in sixth grade because I was told I wasn’t getting one until after seventh grade.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp is a place where I have made relationships with others from all across the country and despite not living near many of my closest camp friends, I know the friendships will last forever. Camp is special to me because it is a place where you don’t have to worry about what others think, you just can be yourself. Camp has allowed me to experience things I would never have been capable of experiencing otherwise.
|Adam (R) and Ben Savoy