Staff Spotlight – Ethan Handler
Hi everyone! My name is Ethan Handler and I am from Northbrook, Illinois. I am currently a senior at Glenbrook North High School. I am on the varsity tennis team, math team, and student government. I am also an avid baker and love dogs (my goldendoodle’s name is Dash).
Next fall I will be attending the University of Virginia, where I will be studying biomedical engineering. I am so excited to be back at North Star for my 8th summer! At camp I instruct climbing and tennis.
More about Ethan
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– A compass, a flashlight, and Dash (my dog)
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– The top of the climbing wall. Up there you can see all of North Star laid out in front of you. In the late afternoon or early evening, you can see the sun setting on the lake.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Thomas Jefferson and Tina Fey
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– The St. Louis Cardinals!
What is your favorite special program at camp?
– Wacky One-Days
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– I would travel to Barcelona, Spain. I would relax on the beach, play tennis on clay courts, and eat tons of delicious Spanish food.
What’s your go-to-pie at the Norske Nook?
– Pecan Fudge, hands down
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– A really big, comfy, red robe that I wear every morning
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has helped me develop friendships that will last a lifetime, pursue passions I didn’t know I had, and create amazing memories. Most importantly, though, camp has taught me how to become a better person and how to be myself.