Staff Spotlight – Jacob Sherman
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– The new Jungle Book movie made me want to be a wolf. I was inspired by their camaraderie and the strength of the pack.
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– Jake the Dog from Adventure Time.
Where is your favorite spot at camp:
– The swing by the fun-bug area because it has a beautiful view overlooking the lake (or overlooking goofy campers on fun-bugs).
What is your dream Job:
– Restaurant owner and chef.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
– Super trivia skills so I could be a know it all and win jeopardy.
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– My parents gave me a banjo this Hanukkah and I’ve had a fun time annoying my roommates as I learn how to play it.
What is your preferred chicken nugget dip:
– Buffalo sauce.
What are your top three movies of all time:
– In no particular order: The Muppets (the new one but not the newest one), The Princess Bride, and Zoolander.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– I don’t usually have to choose just one pie (if I’m not mistaken, I still hold the record for pie-pie-meal-pie-pie at the Nook), but if I was stranded on an island and got to bring only one pie with me, it would be a classic banana cream.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I was once the NSC 3 Point Shootout Champion in back to back years.
Share one notable camp memory:
– Jason Wynyard, Lumberjack World Champion, visited camp to do a tutorial for us during my Pine-Manor year. My cabin painted our chests to spell out his name but there weren’t enough letters so I was an exclamation point. It was so cool that with campers’ and counselors’ enthusiasm and cheering at the Lumberjack World Championships we were able to develop a relationship with a lumberjack and get him to visit the camp.