Staff Spotlight – Maggie MacDonald
– I learned of North Star from a summer internship fair Ohio State University holds every year.
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– The first cartoon character that comes to mind is Foghorn Leghorn. My old brother and I used to watch Saturday morning cartoons at my grandparents while eating pancakes my grandma prepared for us.
What is your dream Job:
– I would absolutely love to be a traveling physicians assistant and volunteer my time and energy in third world countries. I’m currently finishing up my bachelor’s degree at Ohio State and will be applying to PA school shortly after!
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
– I would love to be able to fly.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– I worked at McDonald’s all throughout high school. Currently, I work at a Mexican restaurant in Columbus called “Condado”. I also help run research in the Kinesiology department at Ohio State. Currently, we’re doing studies on the benefits of caffeine intake and ginseng towards resistance training.
What are your top three movies of all time:
– Oh goodness, hard decision. Probably, 1) Life of Pi 2) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 3) The Jungle Book
What did you do last summer?
– Last summer I interned for 5 weeks in Las Vegas at an HR company (I can say with certainty The Sciences are where I belong!) and came back to Columbus to take some additional summer courses offered through the university for my degree.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I went skydiving for my 18th birthday with my dad – it was truly humbling and an eye-opening experience.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
– I went through Girl Scouts up until high school and partook in the camping trips and outdoor learning experiences they offered.