Staff Spotlight – Nathan Margrett
My name is Nathan Margrett and I hail from Milwaukee, WI. Graduating from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse this past December with a psychology degree in at-risk child & youth care I have been working in a group home for adults with disabilities. My typical day at camp involves canoe swamping, dutch oven cooking and a bit of climbing. Looking forward to another great summer!
More about Nathan
If you could be any animal what would you be and why:
– Red kangaroos can hop 45mph and live in groups called mobs; sign me up.
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– Marvin the Martian.
Where is your favorite spot at camp:
– Let’s call it a tie between the end of the fishing piers early in the morning and the top of the climbing tower on a sunny afternoon.
What is your dream Job:
– I want to work to make camps an equally amazing experience for kids with neurodevelopmental challenges.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
– I’ve always though having absolute pitch would be pretty neat!
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– My younger sister was born on December 25th so I’m required to pick her; she says it’s a rule.
What is your preferred chicken nugget dip:
– Barbecue sauce.
What are your top three movies of all time:
– How to Train Your Dragon, Room and The Guardian.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?:
– Chocolate Peanut Butter.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I have a strong aversion to mayonnaise.
Share one notable camp memory:
– Cabin camping trips are always one of my favorite parts of each session.