Staff Spotlight – Nicholas Haffner
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I learned about North Star from summer job fair on campus at UW-La Crosse. I decided to apply because I had always wanted to do a wilderness camp when I was younger but never had to opportunity.
What is your dream job
– If I could do any job I would want to be high school history teacher.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– If I could have lunch with any two people, I would want to have lunch with George Washington and Nelson Mandela.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– If I could travel anywhere in the world I would want to go to China, I think they have an interesting history.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– If I was stranded on a deserted island I would bring a fishing pole, a knife, and a cell phone to call for help.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– I always root for the packers.
What did you do last summer?
– I worked at Menards, but I spent a lot of the summer fishing on the Mississippi.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
-I use to go camping every summer with my parents. We would always go by a lake and fish or ski.