Staff Spotlight – Noah Broutman
From Highland Park, Illinois, Noah Winkelman Broutman returns to North Star for his 7th summer. Noah is a junior at Deerfield High School where he is on the Varsity Bowling Team and participates in his schools environmental, diversity and peer helping club. He is also a photographer for the yearbook and a member of the Honor Society. This past winter Noah was on the basketball courts assisting in the Deerfield Warrior Buddies basketball game. There, Noah helped special needs kids play a fun game of basketball against other schools.
At camp, you can find Noah teaching riflery, tennis and other activities. Noah is stoked for the summer to begin and can’t wait to return for summer number seven.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Drew Brees and Kevin Love
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– The New Orleans Saints and Chicago Bulls
What is your favorite special program at camp?
– Friday Night Services
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– New Orleans to watch a Saints game and eat the food
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– I got a pet guinea pig years back.
How has camp impacted you?
– Where do I begin? Camp has taught be so many life lessons and skills such as responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership. I have learned to put others before myself. I have learned this values while getting to have an unbelievable experience filled with fun and memories. Camp is something I will never forget and I could not imagine my life without it.