Staff Spotlight – Oliver Rockman
I’m Oliver, and this summer will be my 11th at North Star. I am from Omaha Nebraska, but am currently a Sophomore at Emory University in Atlanta, where I have applied to the business school. I also am involved in the Emory outdoor club and the school paper.
More about Oliver
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would bring sunscreen, a full water bottle, and my Nebraska flag, to mark my territory.
Favorite special program at camp
– United Nations Day
– Hands down, my favorite movie character is Don Vito Corleone. My Favorite TV character is probably Larry David.
– I have had so many great memories at camp, but I’ve got to go with one of my five trips to the beautiful Brule River here.
– My favorite sports teams are the Nebraska Cornhuskers (Go Big Red!) and Chelsea Football Club.
– A Cheese Pizza from La Casa in Omaha. It’s not the world’s best pizza, but it just tastes like Omaha.
– I would probably be a Lion, I definitely have a “King of the Jungle” personality.
– The Godfather by Mario Puzzo and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card.
– It’s not very secret, but I’m a big FIFA player on my xbox. I play quite frequently with Nick Kasle,
– Camp has impacted me in countless ways, including sparking and fostering some of the closest friendships I have ever had, as well as encouraging me to try new things, such as sun butter, which is ok if you recognize it isn’t peanut butter. I have grown at camp in ways that are hard to verbalize.