Staff Spotlight – Richelle Poisson
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
– A penguin, they have the best waddle, impeccable dancing skills (thank you Happy Feet), and are always black tie ready
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
– As a nostalgic 90’s child I hold a dear place in my heart for the characters of Rocket Power
Where is your favorite spot at camp:
– At the waterfront (sitting in the lifeguard chair provides the perfect place to read a book)
What is your dream Job:
– Working as an Elementary School teacher in Boston, leaving my summers free to continue traveling the world
If you had a superhero power, what would it be:
– The ability to time travel
What is the best Christmas/Hanukkah present that you’ve ever gotten:
– A plate of my Grandma’s homemade sugar cookies. Nothing brings happiness to holidays like a present both baked with love and edible.
What is your preferred chicken nugget dip:
– You can’t go wrong with the classic ketchup
What are your top three movies of all time:
– The Help, The Breakfast Club and The Harry Potter series (after watching them enough times they all blur into one giant movie)
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Peach Melba
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
– I have the basic skills of a first grader to converse in French, Spanish, and now Danish
Share one notable camp memory:
– For one of the projects I decided to try different forms of painting. I gave each of the boys a water gun filled with a mixture of paint and water and told them their task was to paint. This plan quickly went awry as the boys decided it was more fun to aim the water guns at me rather than the paper. Moral of the story – don’t give a room full of boys water guns and expect to walk away dry or paint free.