Staff Spotlight – Shannon McNamara
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I actually heard of North Star online through a job search website. It stood out to me as a fun, unique summer job experience, and that is why I applied.
What is your dream job?
– My dream job is to be a Physician’s Assistant and to travel to underprivileged countries to provide medical support and assistance.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Steve Jobs and Steve Irwin.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– I would travel to Croatia. I was abroad in Spain this semester and had friends who traveled there but I never got the chance. I would want to go white water rafting!
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– I’m pretty easy going when it comes to sports. Love all my Chicago teams, but when it comes down to it, I root for whoever’s winning 😛
What did you do last summer?
– Last summer I went on a 2 week study abroad trip to Costa Rica and then lived on campus at University of Illinois taking a Certified Nurses Assistant class and volunteering at the local hospital.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
– I think I went to a girl scout camp for a day when I was 7… looking forward to broadening my horizons!