Staff Spotlight – Kieran Levett
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
– I found out about North Star through an agency in New Zealand! I did some research and it didn’t take much convincing that the atmosphere and programs were awesome and that it seemed like an ideal place for my first experience in America.
What is your dream job
– Still can’t quite answer this question myself yet! But I love teaching swimming and I’m really into the idea of starting up my own swim school one day.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Robin Williams and Bruce Wayne
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– America is a pretty awesome start! Apart from that Europe has always held an incredible amount of allure for me. I really want to do a trip through and visit Places like Spain, Italy and France and learn more about their culture, history and FOOD!
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– An lifetime supply of Chocolate (for energy of course), A fridge to put it in and a satellite phone.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– The All Blacks!
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
– For the last three and a half years I have worked as a Swim Instructor, part time when I was at High School and then full time once I graduated. apart from that not a lot!
What did you do last summer?
– My summer only just ended, WOOP double summer! but mainly a lot of time spent at the river or beach. Swimming, Biking and Spending time with my siblings and mates.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
– I haven’t worked at a Camp before but I have attended a holiday camp close to where I live a few times. I was also a scout for about three years when I was younger and we did loads of camps and hikes!