Staff Spotlight – Nich Zevor
I am currently finishing up my junior year at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where I am studying History, Environmental Studies, and African Languages. More importantly, I am now working with a few environmental activist groups and law firms here in Madison, raising environmental awareness on campus and starting to increase the student involvement in combatting the environmental degradation happening right here in this great state of Wisconsin. As a side note, I am studying for my LSAT because Law School is just on the horizon.
I’m a native of Racine, Wisconsin, but I’ve lived all over the globe. My family has spent time living in Japan as well as Dubai. This will be my 2nd year at camp and I’ll be instructing ecology and tennis.
More about Nich
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d
Water Purification System
Favorite special program at camp?
– UN Day
Your favorite TV or movie character?
– Louise Belcher from “Bob’s Burgers”
Your best memory of camp?
– Hiking through the Porcupine Mountains with S1-2013
Favorite Sports Teams?
– Badgers, Badgers, Badgers, Packers
What would you choose for your last meal?
– Grilled Wild Salmon, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Sweet Potato Fries followed by a Hot Fudge Sundae for desert
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books?
1. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
2. I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
– I am a novice ghost hunter.
How has camp impacted you?
– Working at Camp North Star affirms the importance of a cooperative,
encouraging, and safe community, and my experience here has strengthened
my commitment and desire to foster the same values everywhere I go.