Staff Spotlight – Oliver Rockman
|Oliver (L) in the Guten Gallow|
Go Big Red! Oliver Rockman is back for his 12th summer at North Star. It would be impossible to spend more than five minutes with Oliver and not know that he’s about as big of a Nebraska Cornhusker fan as you’ll find. He grew up in Omaha, Nebraska and is currently a junior at Emory University in Atlanta.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you’d bring?
– A lot of sunscreen, I burn easily, Sunglasses, because squinting is bad for the face, and a nice, comfortable chair.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
– The council ring.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
– Jami Shlensky and Hannah Newman.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
– The Nebraska Cornhuskers and Chelsea Football Club.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
– United Nations Day
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
– I would go to Naples and eat pizza.
What’s your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
– Fresh Strawberry
Best holiday gift that you’ve ever gotten?
– Tickets to Chelsea-Liverpool 2013.
How has camp impacted you?
– Camp has had an immeasurable impact on my life. It has helped me grow as a leader, and the source of many of my most valued friendships. The many memories I have made at camp will stay with me for a long time.
|Oliver, a turtle and Andy Rodheim|